< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.wouldashoulda.com/" />

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Better layers than circles, I guess

For some reason this meme is bringing Dante's Inferno to mind rather prominently, but I'm sure that's a coincidence. Yeah.

Seen everywhere, but most recently at Mindy's and Zoot's and you know I wanna be just like them when I grow up.

LAYER ONE:

  • Name: Miriam
  • Birthdate: August 17, 1971 (gifts not required, but always appreciated)
  • Birthplace: Ithaca, NY
  • Current Location: Lost in New Hampshire
  • Eye Color: Hazel
  • Hair Color: Darkest brown, a color I used to hate but have since become much more fond of as I watch it retreating under grey!
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Righty or Lefty: Righty
  • Zodiac Sign: Leo (power, Min!)


LAYER TWO:

  • Your Heritage: Polish and Russian
  • The shoes I wore today: Ummm... I'm barefoot... but I threw on some sandals that were by the door to take the kids to school.
  • Your weakness: Bargains
  • Your fears: not being able to protect my kids
  • Your perfect pizza: Hawaiian
  • Goal you'd like to achieve: Raising my kids to adulthood with only manageable scarring; figuring out what I want to be when I grow up (and doing it).


LAYER THREE:

  • Your most overused phrase on AIM: "LOL!"
  • Your first waking thoughts: "Can I go back to sleep?"
  • Your best physical feature: My eyes
  • Your most missed memory: Going out for slightly-longer-than-recommended lunches with Andrea at IBM.


LAYER FOUR:

  • Pepsi or Coke: I like to straddle the fence sometimes... Diet Coke with Lime, or Pepsi One.
  • McDonald's or Burger King: McD's
  • Single or group dates: Dates?? Um, single, as long as I'm fantasizing.
  • Adidas or Nike: Nike.
  • Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Ewwwwwww.
  • Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
  • Cappuccino or coffee: Yes, please.


LAYER FIVE:

  • Smoke: No
  • Cuss: Only when I'm angry. Or frustrated. Or hanging with the girls. Or... oh shut UP.
  • Sing: Indeed
  • Take a shower every day: Absolutely
  • Do you think you've been in love: Yep. It's great for a little while and then sucks for a long time. Not sure I recommend it.
  • Want to go to college: Again? Geez, how many degrees does a person need?
  • Liked high school: Nooooooooooooooooo!
  • Want to get married: Uhhh... I want to win the lottery, but it doesn't mean I'm going to....
  • Believe in yourself: Where it counts, absolutely.
  • Get motion sickness: Ick, yes.
  • Think you're attractive: Physically? Um, no. (Not Quasimodo or anything, but nothing to write home about.)
  • Think you're a health freak: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry, what was the question?
  • Get along with your parent(s): Taking the 5th on this one, for my own safety.
  • Like thunderstorms: Yes!
  • Play an instrument: Not any more... played cello for several years.


LAYER SIX: In the past month...

  • Drank alcohol: Yes
  • Smoked: No
  • Done a drug: Do my migraine meds count?
  • Made Out: *sniffle* No
  • Gone on a date: No
  • Gone to the mall: No, thank God.
  • Eaten an entire box of Oreos: Not this month. Woohoo!
  • Eaten sushi: Yummy, yes.
  • Been on stage: No
  • Been dumped: No
  • Gone skating: No
  • Made homemade cookies: Yesterday!
  • Dyed your hair: I dyed Eileen's hair, does that count?
  • Stolen Anything: No


LAYER SEVEN: Ever...

  • Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yep
  • If so, was it mixed company: I'm sorry, do people do that not in mixed company??
  • Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yep
  • Been caught "doing something": I'm not sure I'm getting exactly what this refers to, but I have a strict policy against being caught.
  • Been called a tease: Only once, by a very stupid boy who had a very strange notion of a single kiss being an invitation to sex.
  • Gotten beaten up: Nope
  • Shoplifted: When I was about 5.
  • Changed who you were to fit in: Would that work?


LAYER EIGHT:

  • Age you hope to be married: Again? Ummm... when I'm smart enough to get it right. What age is that?
  • Numbers and Names of Children: I have two kids, herein referred to as the Chickadee (6-yr-old girl) and the Monkey (4.5-yr-old boy).
  • Describe your dream wedding: Uhhhh... one that results in a healthy, lasting marriage?
  • How do you want to die: Never
  • Where you want to go to college: I did my undergrad in the snow belt and grad school at Stanford... and if I'd known then what I know now, I would've done it ALL in Northern California. Ahhhh....
  • What do you want to be when you grow up: Why does everyone keep asking me that?? Shut UP!
  • What country would you most like to visit: Italy


LAYER NINE:

  • Number of drugs taken illegally: Just 1, but I never inhaled. Or was that I never exhaled? I can't remember.
  • Number of people I could trust with my life: At least 5, probably more. Lucky me!
  • Number of CDs that I own: Maybe 30. I just started allowing myself to buy frivolous things for myself (like music) just recently.
  • Number of piercings: 3 in my left ear, 1 in my right, 1 in my navel. All but the standard 2 in the ears have closed.
  • Number of tattoos: None, though I have often pondered one.
  • Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: Oh geez, I have no idea. As if my hometown paper or our little local rag here will somehow catapult me into celebrity....
  • Number of scars on my body: Hmmm. Too many.
  • Number of things in my past that I regret: Also too many, though in my right mind I wouldn't change a thing; they're all part of who I am.