< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.wouldashoulda.com/" />

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Tender bits of non-sequitorial goodness!


  • The Atomic Fireballs are the fault of Dollar Tree. I just went in there for Antibacterial Hand Gel (the last item on Chickadee's school list), honest.
  • Because I live under a rock, I hadn't heard of the Texas woman whose kid got snatched from the car. I regularly leave my kids buckling in the car while I return my shopping cart, and I am now writhing in paroxysms of guilt. Thank you.
  • My friend brought me raspberry chocolate chip ice cream tonight. I didn't know I liked raspberry chocolate chip ice cream, but where has this raspberry chocolate chip ice cream been all my life? And also, could we come up with a shorter name than raspberry chocolate chip ice cream?
  • The school bus schedule has been published and I am too stupid to interpret it. If I read correctly, we have to walk a block to get on the bus, but that same bus--in the afternoon--will drop Chickadee right in front of our house. Huh?
  • I let my kids stay up late tonight for a number of complicated reasons, not the least of which was that they'll be headed to the ex for the weekend, tomorrow, and I won't have to deal with the overtired crankiness meltdowns sure to occur. I am evil.
  • What am I supposed to do with myself once the Olympics are over? It's hours of viewing enjoyment and nearly endless opportunities for snark.
  • And speaking of the Olympics, I am not telling you about how Kira and I discussed "BOUNCE" as it relates to men's track events tonight. On account of we are pitiful and hard up and I wouldn't want to tell you about that. (I charged Kira with blogging about this, but she declined, saying something about how her priest reads her blog...?)
  • We had our first choir rehearsal of the season tonight. It only took about an hour before I said something that came out totally wrong and in trying to correct it I babbled and made it worse and was completely mortified. People were still laughing at me when I left. It's so nice to be back.