< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.wouldashoulda.com/" />

Thursday, November 11, 2004

She gives great encore

Because I have all the memory and learning capacity of a paramecium, I turned on my Ben Folds Five CD in the car again today. When "Song for the Dumped" came on I immediately hit the button to skip to the next track, and Chickadee threw a hissy fit.

Her: NO! Go back! I like that song!!
Me: Honey, I don't think we should listen to it.
Her: But I LIKE IT!
Me: *wavering; hey, I like it too* Well, I guess we can listen to it, as long as you understand they use some bad language in this song that we will not be repeating. We don't use words like that, right?
Her: Right. I know, Mama.
Music: Well fuck you too! Gimme my money back, gimme my money back, you bitch!
Her: Mama?
Me: Yes, honey? *thinking: ooooohhh no*
Her: I would never talk like that. I would say, "May I have my money back, please?"
Me: MMmmffflllggg!
Her: Why are you laughing??